Valleys Give Us Great Views


Our family enjoyed the evening outside yesterday getting a little bit done and just relaxing, and this picture was too good to pass up! I love where we live; and while I enjoy being up on the mountains, sometimes it’s down in the valleys where you get the clearest views.

Sometimes it’s in life’s valleys that we can see Jesus the most clearly as well. Life definitely has its ups and downs. I’m grateful for the mountaintop experiences of life, but I’m sure we’ve all had low points as well. It seems like it would be amazing to be able to stay on the mountain top of life all the time, but it’s often during a difficulty that Jesus and His love and hope become clearer than ever before. Psalms 23:4 says, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” Jesus is with us in the valley!


Valleys also give us some great reminders of the comfort that only Jesus can bring. Psalm 23:4 mentions the Shepherd’s rod and staff to protect and guide us, and I also love the reminder from the moon in this picture: The sun is still shining even if our valley is so deep that we can’t see the light. 


Whether you’re on a mountain top, down in a deep valley, or somewhere in between, let’s keep walking with Jesus every step of the way and look to Him for our hope. 

See more mountain views (at least while they last) in the post Disappearing Mountains

Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram