1 Picture, 2 Great Reminders

 

I love where we live with all of the reminders of God’s power and the beauty of His creation we’re surrounded by. I also enjoy times like this when God reminds us of another part of Who His is: mercy. Both the cross and the rainbow prove that God wants to forgive us and not give us the punishment that we deserve. 


Genesis 9:13 says, “I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.” After the world-wife flood, God promised that He would never again send a global flood and gave us the rainbow as a symbol of that promise. God loves to show us mercy no matter how undeserving we are! 


Luke 18:13-14 records this in a parable, “And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” He didn’t deserve mercy, and that’s the point! Jesus would soon die on the cross and offer salvation to  everyone who will come to Him. If you feel unworthy of God’s mercy, that’s the perfect attitude to bring to God. 


Hebrews 4:16 says, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Maybe you need God’s mercy for salvation that Jesus paid for on the cross. If so, come to Him today. 


Maybe you simply need to come to God for mercy because of some things you’ve done recently as a Christian. I need to come to Him for mercy every single day. I hope you’ll come to Him today too.


Here's another post from our beautiful backyard: You Can’t Have a Rainbow without Some Clouds and Rain


Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram