You Can’t Have a Rainbow without Some Clouds and Rain


I love the beauty of a rainbow but without clouds and rain, no rainbow would ever form. Sometimes life has storms and can feel like you’re climbing up those mountains in the background, but that’s often when good shines through.

In Psalms 86:17 David says, “Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted me.” Whether it’s actual enemies or just some “cloudy circumstances,” it’s amazing to see the tokens for good, the little reminders and comforts that God sends our way to remind us that He’s in control and He’s got us. David went through some awful things but looked to see God at work in his life, especially when things got difficult. God is good all the time, but sometimes it takes a storm for us to see His help and comfort most clearly. 


For a fun post about confusing directions here in the Shenandoah Valley, check out, "Which Direction Am I Even Going?"


Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram