3rd Ring’s the Charm???


I picked out my first wedding ring, and let’s just say I should‘ve let Jen choose it! I think I still have that bent-up, football-shaped ring somewhere, but it definitely wasn’t the right one. I went cheap, and it showed! I won’t say much about my second ring, but suffice it to say, if you have a metal detector, you can go on a “treasure hunt” in my backyard sometime! 😏


Jen picked this third ring out, and she picked the right design, the right fit, the right ring. It makes sense that she’d be the one to pick out the perfect one for me.


God created us all, and anything He designed and chose for our lives is always what’s true and best. That’s an important reality in every area of life, including relationships. From the very beginning, God designed marriage to be between one man and one woman. Genesis 2:24 (and many other verses throughout Scripture) makes God’s design clear: “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” This design gets violated in many ways, some of which are being celebrated this month, but the truth remains: God’s design is best, and to go against His plan is wrong and won’t ever work out well in the end. 


I realize this post will seem hateful to some, as if I’m against them, but I am for EVERYONE experiencing EVERYTHING God designed for their life and avoiding everything He didn’t design. God’s plan is just too amazing to not tell others about it! And if this truth (or any other truth) from the Word of God is difficult to hear, let me encourage you to spend some extra time getting to know the God of the Word. He loves you and has an amazing plan for your life!


For more about following God's plan for your life, check out this recent post: "If God Has Marked the Path, Let’s Never Get Off the Trail"


For more daily encouragement, SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram