I still remember the first bottle I ever fed Addison. It was in the hospital on “gotcha day” and is always a special memory. While I’m definitely not in a hurry for Addison to grow up, I would be concerned if she still ate nothing but milk. I’m glad she’s growing up properly, and I’m amazed that she was still able to fit in that baby swing! Seriously, she climbed in by herself more easily than we could put her in as a baby! Even thought we’d love to hang onto our “little girl” forever, growing up is normal and necessary.
If you’re a new Christian learning and taking “baby steps” as you grow in your faith, that’s normal and good, but if we’ve been saved for a while and are still acting like spiritual babies, that needs to change! 1 Corinthians 3:1-2 describes Christians who needed to grow up: “And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.” The Corinthians were missing out because they hadn’t “grown up” spiritually the way they should have.
Verses 3-4 describes their behavior: “For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?” I can almost hear those Christians yelling, “MINE!” or “I’M THE BEST, NOT YOU!” Let’s grow beyond fighting for our own way and sink our teeth into the meat of God’s Word without “choking” if something steps on our toes or challenges us to grow.
Dig deeper with this post: "When Jesus Does Something Awesome, Are You Amused, Amazed, or Skeptical?"
Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.
Or check out my social media:
