Let Your Light Shine and See How Far God Takes It

We had the privilege to be part of Hunter and Jodi’s wedding yesterday! It has been one of the greatest thrills of my time as a youth pastor to see them grow into the Godly adults and the Godly couple they are today. The girls LOVED being flower girls, and I couldn’t imagine a better couple for my first wedding to officiate!  Memories for a lifetime, and we couldn’t be more excited for Hunter and Jodi starting their life together. 

At the rehearsal dinner, we got to play with some sparklers, and Addison came running up to me, wanting to take a video of me using a sparkler so I could use it as an object lesson. The sparkler picture and really this whole devotional were all my daughter’s idea. 


Matthew 5:16 says, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”


If we let our light shine for Jesus there is no telling how far the spark will travel. Sometimes our influence will spread in unexpected ways like having your daughter think about the Bible and God through something as simple as a sparkler. Let’s shine the light…who knows how far God will take it! 


Check out this fun post about some light(weight) light: What’s Weighing You Down?


For more daily encouragement, SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram