How many of you know how to use a rotary phone? I do, but it takes forever to dial! And that’s if you can remember the person’s phone number (seriously, smart phones have absolutely eliminated my ability to remember phone numbers!). How many of you remember the “mystery” of answering the phone BEFORE you knew who was calling? The good old days?
In Isaiah 6, Isaiah heard God’s leading and answered the call. Verse 8 says, “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.” Isaiah was ready to answer God’s call. Are you?
You may or may not be able to use a rotary phone, but when God calls us to do something, He gives us everything we need. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” I love the old-school word throughly; it means inside and out! You might think you’re not good enough, talented enough, smart enough, old enough, young enough, experienced enough, or just plain ready enough to serve God, but God loves to use people who are simply willing to answer His call. He will gladly equip you with anything you need to do what He calls you to do.
It might be for something big or something small, a life-changer or a daily lifestyle adjustment, but when God’s calling, it’s for you.
Take a look at "Waiting Can Feel Hopeless, But Silence Doesn’t Mean It’s Over" for encouragement when you are waiting for God to move.
Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.
Or check out my social media:
