It Can Move!

The “marker man” is movable! Draw a stick figure (or whatever you want) with a dry erase marker, pour some water onto the plate, and (on the fifth try!) it’ll float! Fun daddy daughter activity that illustrates a great point: God should be able to move us just like the girls could move that “marker man.”

The first several tries, we drew a “marker man” that held onto the plate too tightly and wouldn’t move. Reminds me of how we can get with God: Instead of being available for Him to use us however and wherever He wants, we often hold on so tightly to the things we think are most important that we aren’t be willing to follow God where He is leading us.


In Galatians 2:20, the Apostle Paul says, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” If we want Jesus to use our lives for His glory, we need to be willing to let Him move us. 


Usually when God moves us it’s not a change of location but something for us to do right now right where we are.


God won’t make us do anything, but we should be willing to go anywhere He wants to move us and do anything He wants us to do. Two of the greatest privileges in all the world are to know God and to go with Him wherever He wants us to go, whether it’s across the street or around the world. 


If you've ever been WILLING to make a difference but didn't think you could, check out this post: "Encouragement for When You Feel Like You Can’t Make a Difference"


Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram