I don’t know if you like my opinion, but I sure do! Definitely iPhone over Android, Facebook over Instagram (even though I am posting this to both!), and I honestly don’t understand either of the last 2, but I do have a Snapchat. Most of us have STRONG opinions about a lot of things, and that can be good…unless our opinion isn’t what matters.
Just before his death, Abraham sent a servant to find a wife for Abraham’s son. The servant prayed for God to show him the right woman, and God showed him that Rebekah was the one. After meeting Rebekah’s family and explaining how God had directed, the servant wonders if her family will follow the plan or not.
In Genesis 24:49, the servant says, “And now if ye will deal kindly and truly with my master, tell me: and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left.” I love how Rebekah’s family respond in Genesis 24:50: “Then Laban and Bethuel answered and said, The thing proceedeth from the LORD: we cannot speak unto thee bad or good.” I’m sure all of this was unexpected and didn’t necessarily make sense. I’m sure Laban and Bethuel might have had their own opinions, but it was clear that this was God’s plan. Because obedience was what mattered, they didn’t even worry about their opinion.
Rebekah was eager to follow God’s leading, and in many ways, they all lived happily every (actually, there were some definite bumps on the road that could have been avoided if everyone would have continued to follow God’s plan!).
It’s normal to have opinions, but it’s wrong if our opinions start to matter too much to us. If God has said that something is right or wrong, then our opinion doesn’t matter. If God has shown us what to do, we don’t need to decide whether we like His plan or not: we need to obey. Regardless of our opinion, God’s plan is best. I hope we’ll all be willing to follow Him today.
For more about how God wants to lead you, check this post out!
To see encouraging posts like this every day:
SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media:
