I’m not much of a cook, but I can boil water for box mac and cheese! I’ve also learned that when the water starts to bubble over, putting almost anything on top will stop the problem.
Sometimes the temperature and the pressure won’t change, but we can keep it from “boiling over” as God holds everything together.
Ruth 3:12-13 says, “And now it is true that I am thy near kinsman: howbeit there is a kinsman nearer than I. Tarry this night, and it shall be in the morning, that if he will perform unto thee the part of a kinsman, well; let him do the kinsman's part: but if he will not do the part of a kinsman to thee, then will I do the part of a kinsman to thee, as the LORD liveth: lie down until the morning.”
Rest? Sleep? Really? What about all the what-ifs?
The cultural aspects of Ruth 3 are amazing and worth a closer look, and it’s clear that obstacles are no match for God and God’s plan. God was bringing Ruth and Boaz together in a love story for the ages (literally!), and we can also rest in the fact that God is in control.
Today’s Bible reading is Ruth 3.
