Get it out of the way 


It seems impossible to blow a ping-pong ball out of a cup. Maybe we could vacuum suction one out, but to blow down into the cup and get the ball to go up? That’s exactly what works if you make a tube out of paper and blow into the cup to drive the ping-pong ball out of the tube. This one kind of sneaked out the top, but I launched it across the room a couple times!


Some things just gotta go!


‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ ‭says, “In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end. For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.”


“he restrained them not”


Eli asked his wicked sons to stop but didn’t stop them. They were priests. And they were his sons. And he allowed them to keep on sinning all they were while publicly representing the Lord. 


We need to say no to sin and temptation,  but we don’t need to “just say no.” We also need to do something about sin and temptation, to deal with it and get rid of it. That always needs to start in our own lives.  


Let’s do what it takes to make it harder to sin and easier to follow Jesus in our lives today. 


Today's Bible reading is 1 Samuel 3.