What’s in a name?


We got these new multivitamins and my first question was “How many do I take each day?!?” I’m not always the most observant, but I promise I noticed this one. 


Sometimes a name indicates a lot. 


And we can’t put God’s name on our lifestyle and expect it to work. Sadly that’s exactly what a couple people did in Judges 17. 


Judges‬ ‭17‬:‭3‬ ‭says, “And when he had restored the eleven hundred shekels of silver to his mother, his mother said, I had wholly dedicated the silver unto the LORD from my hand for my son, to make a graven image and a molten image: now therefore I will restore it unto thee.”


WHAT?!? The silver was dedicated to God, so when her son returned the stolen silver, she made a false god out of it?!?


Then Micah tried to sprinkle a little more of God’s name on his godless lifestyle: “Then said Micah, Now know I that the LORD will do me good, seeing I have a Levite to my priest.” (Judges‬ ‭17‬:‭13‬ )


God couldn’t bless that lifetime no matter how often they spoke the name of God or who they had in their life. 


How are you representing the name of God?


Are you following God or trying to put His name on your lifestyle?


Today’s Bible reading is Judges 17.