Well, that’s low! Can only go up from there!


I don’t think this new gas station is quite finished yet, but I can only imagine the line if those prices were real!


In Judges 20, Israel goes to battle to fight back against sin. Twice they seek God’s guidance, and twice God tells them to go into battle. And twice they are defeated. 


God promises to lead us if we will follow. He doesn’t promise constant victory or an easy road. But it seems like in this case, God wanted them to realize how low and needy they were. Once they were dependent on Him (or really once they realized they were dependent on Him), things changed. 


Judges‬ ‭20‬:‭26‬-‭28‬ ‭says, “Then all the children of Israel, and all the people, went up, and came unto the house of God, and wept, and sat there before the LORD, and fasted that day until even, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD. And the children of Israel enquired of the LORD, (for the ark of the covenant of God was there in those days, and Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, stood before it in those days,) saying, Shall I yet again go out to battle against the children of Benjamin my brother, or shall I cease? And the LORD said, Go up; for to morrow I will deliver them into thine hand.”

‭

They go on to victory in the third battle. 


We are always absolutely dependent on God. Sometimes it takes us getting low and humble before we remember that. 


Today’s Bible reading is Judges 20.