Stay on the path!
I got to use this walking pad as an illustration in church today (here I was getting a little practice in between services). I’m really not good at balancing and walking straight on it, especially if I look off to the sides.
Judges 13:6-7 says, “Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name: 7 But he said unto me, Behold, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and now drink no wine nor strong drink, neither eat any unclean thing: for the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb to the day of his death.”
God had a plan to bless and use Samson, and God explained that plan to his parents even before Samson was born. As long as he stayed on God’s path, there would be blessings such as supernatural strength. We know Samson won’t always stay on the path as selfishness and lust lead him to the sides often.
God has paths for each of us to walk. They don’t look just like Samson’s, but they do come with the choice to follow or go our own way.
What does God want to be in your life?
What does God want to NOT be in your life?
Which way does God want you to go today?
Are you following?
Today’s Bible reading is Judges 13.
