Get serious!
Sometimes we need to quit playing games and take things seriously! Apparently Boots is considering his exercise options, but I’m not sure how serious he is since he’s more interested in naps!
Some things we do need to take seriously though.
Judges 16:6-7 says, “And Delilah said to Samson, Tell me, I pray thee, wherein thy great strength lieth, and wherewith thou mightest be bound to afflict thee. And Samson said unto her, If they bind me with seven green withs that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.”
How was that ever going to end well?!?
Samson played games but eventually did tell Delilah how to make him weak.
Samson didn’t take much of anything seriously until it was too late.
None of us should play games with sin or temptation or with anything else that could ruin our lives.
I think we sometimes think it’s all a game, but the enemy is out to destroy us any way he can.
1 Peter 5:8 says, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”
Thankfully Jesus offers serious help. Let’s take serious things seriously before it’s too late.
Today’s Bible reading is Judges 16.
