Are sunny days the best days?


I do usually have more energy and feel a bit happier when the sun is shining, but there’s something even better and deeper that can give us joy no matter the weather. 


C.S. Lewis said, “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.


Let’s look to God and look at our lives through the lens of Scripture. 


Judges‬ ‭7‬:‭2‬ ‭says, “And the LORD said unto Gideon, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me.”


God would give them a miraculous victory over a huge army, and He wanted them to trust Him not their own strength or resources. 


Sometimes God brings us to the end of ourselves so we’ll finally look to Him and rely on Him. 


One more quote for today: Corrie ten Boom said, “If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God, you'll be at rest."


Today’s Bible reading is Judges 7.