Unlimited summer fun…at least for a couple more weeks!
Our girls are back in school, but we still get to enjoy a bit more of the endless fun of summer.
But is “unlimited” a good thing? I guess it depends what we’re talking about. Too much of a good thing can ruin it, but being limited and missing out on good things is even more disappointing.
And we often limit ourselves because of our own sin.
Deuteronomy 34:4 says, “And the LORD said unto him, This is the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying, I will give it unto thy seed: I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither.”
God mercifully continued to use Moses, just not as much as He would have if Moses had obeyed and been able to lead Israel into the Promised Land.
God also graciously let Moses see the Promised Land, and I believe that’s an excellent reminder. Let’s never allow sin to be what limits how much we get to do for God, and let’s always humbly choose to be content with whatever part God has for us to do in His perfect plan.
And His plan includes redemption and restoration, mercy and grace, for when we do sin.
Today’s Bible reading is Deuteronomy 34.
