Some things have to go for growth to be activated 


This back lawn at our church used to be a parking lot before it was part of the church property, so as I’m working to encourage grass to grow, I’ve got some rocks and moss to eliminate so that water can soak in properly and get the good green grass growing. 


And if we want to grow in our relationship with God, certain things just can’t be invited along for the ride. 


Joshua‬ ‭1‬:‭5‬ ‭says, “There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”


And verses 7‬-‭8‬ ‭say, “Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”


Success is possible, but there are some things mentioned in Joshua 1 that will always hold us back if we tolerate them in our life. 


Fear will keep us paralyzed where we are even when God has amazing things for us to grow into and experience. 


And detours from God’s plan, those times we go our own way instead of God’s way, always set us back. 


Is there anything holding you back from success and growth in your relationship with God today? 


Today’s Bible reading is Joshua 1.