Problems never end, but neither does God’s help


Jen trimmed those green onions all flat the same length the other day…and since then they’ve been growing back. 


Put onions in some water with some sun and watch them keep growing. 


We also have everything we need to keep going if we are willing. 


Joshua‬ ‭11‬:‭5‬-‭6‬ ‭says, “And when all these kings were met together, they came and pitched together at the waters of Merom, to fight against Israel. And the LORD said unto Joshua, Be not afraid because of them: for to morrow about this time will I deliver them up all slain before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire.”


Another group ganged up on Israel…and God again gave Israel the victory. 


I’m sure your situation and mine look different from ancient Israel’s, but we do all face constant challenges. 


I agree with what Job 5:7 says, “Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.”


But I also agree with what Lamentations 3:22-23 says, “It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”


Because God’s goodness and mercy and faithfulness and help never end, we can keep going. 


Today’s Bible reading is Joshua 11.