HOn a sleepy Wednesday morning as I got up earlier than normal since school is back, I wanted more sleep, more time to prep for school and church stuff, a smaller to-do list. But what I needed was God. 


I got some stuff done, but more importantly, I started the day by connecting with God through my Bible and genuine prayer. 


Joshua‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬ ‭says, “Now these are the kings of the land, which the children of Israel smote, and possessed their land on the other side Jordan toward the rising of the sun, from the river Arnon unto mount Hermon, and all the plain on the east:”


Joshua‬ ‭12‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭says, “Them did Moses the servant of the LORD and the children of Israel smite:…


“And these are the kings of the country which Joshua and the children of Israel smote on this side Jordan on the west…”

‭‭

Moses needed God. Joshua needed God.  Israel needed God whether that was in Egypt, crossing the Red Sea, in the wilderness, crossing the Jordan, or  fighting battles in the Promised Land.


We need God every day. Do we acknowledge that need or ignore it? 


Today’s Bible reading is Joshua 12.