Are we in the way or encouraging others 


I don’t personally like the new habit of delivery trucks staying on the road instead of pulling into driveways. Seems much more dangerous to constantly have to be dodging these vehicles, but I do my share of ordering things off Amazon, so I’m not really sure I can complain!


We have opportunities every day to get in the way and make it more difficult for people to do what they need to do or to encourage them and help them to do all God has for them.


Our work needs to go beyond us, to be something bigger than us. 


Joshua‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬ ‭says, “Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed.”

‭‭

Joshua did his part to lead the people and invest in them, to train them to follow God, not to follow Joshua. He did his part to enable those Israelites to succeed in the Promised Land even after he passed off the scene. 


Are we encouraging others to follow God or getting in their way with our own selfish desires or ambition?


Today’s Bible reading is Joshua 13.