Keeping faith in by keeping sin out
I’ll admit I was a little nervous that this bucket of water would dump right on my head as I spun it around, but centrifugal force made it a piece of cake to not lose a drop.
It takes force to hold water in a bucket, and it takes deliberate action to keep Faith where it belongs at the core of our lives and center of everything we do.
Deuteronomy 13:17 says, “And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;”
Sin wound drive faith out of the Israelites’ lives, or active, lived-out faith would drive sin out of their lives.
Sin will push God out of many parts of our lives unless we hold tight to faith and allow our faith to drive sin and empty, worthless things out.
Today’s Bible reading is Deuteronomy 13.
