I think both flavors are better by themselves!
I do like a good root beer float, but this just seems wrong!🤣 I have to admit though, it does taste pretty good, like the root beer mixed with melted ice cream at the end of a float (which is the best part!).
Some things are absolutely better unmixed and undiluted though.
Deuteronomy 12:32 describes a big example of that: “What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.”
Proverbs 30:5-6 says it this way: “Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
We don’t need to mix God’s Word and our opinion. And we don’t need to pick and choose what parts we want to follow. All of God’s Word is beneficial and relevant to our lives. Let’s read it and live it out. Undiluted. Unmixed. Unchanged.
Today’s Bible reading is Deuteronomy 12.
