Turns out the center of gravity, the balance point, of 2 connected forks is right where the toothpick meets the cup. We even got to burn off the extra toothpick over the cup. Fun little science experiment, but if we’re going to hold on during life, we need to hold onto God. We need to turn to Him and not ultimately anyone or anything else.
Psalm 56:1 says, “Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.”
If we turn to God we don’t have to fear others. Verse 4 says, “In God I will praise his word, In God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.”
And if we turn to God, we’ll get to experience just how much He loves us. Verse 8 says, “Thou tellest my wanderings: Put thou my tears into thy bottle: Are they not in thy book?”
If God keeps track of even our tears like that, imagine how much He cares about each detail of our lives!
