Why do you do what you do?

Family. We’d probably all do anything for family. We had a great daddy, daughter, daughter date today to our favorite bakery (they even make rolled ice cream—ours came a few minutes after the picture!). 


I love spending time with my girls and am happy to do anything for them…most of the time! Sometimes it’s hard to remember in the moment what matters most and why who we are doing things for. 


Nehemiah‬ ‭5‬:‭19‬ says, ‭“Think upon me, my God, for good, according to all that I have done for this people.”


“for this people”


Nehemiah had to deal with others who were taking advantage of people, but his heart was to do things FOR them, to help them not just himself. 


It’s easy to parent our kids for ourselves, to be a spouse or a friend who imposes our desires on others instead of doing things FOR them. 


And it’s also easy to convince ourselves that we’re doing things for others even though our motives are actually selfish. 


I’m thankful for all God does for us, and I pray we all follow His example today.