This is me the other morning. Addison said it’s obvious when I’ve just woken up and haven’t fixed my hair or anything. What do you think?
No matter what you look like in the morning (and no matter what you think I look like first thing in the morning), 1 Kings 9:4-9 definitely describes something that’s obvious and easy to notice: “And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked…Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever…But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them: 7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people: 8 And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and to this house? 9 And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God,“
It was going to be obvious if they were obeying God. It would be obvious whether God was able to bless them or not.
Can people look at our lives and tell that we’re on God’s side and that God is helping us? If not, it’s not God’s fault. He doesn’t offer us that exact same promise, but He does offer to help us, to bless us, and to use our lives if we will live for Him.
It doesn’t mean God will always give us a bunch of money or easy circumstances, but it should be noticeable that God is behind us, helping us do what we are doing.
