I think we found our new favorite taco place! La Taqueria Esquinita in Chambersburg has delicious tacos, but I didn’t understand much of anything the guy on the TV was singing about (I really need to learn Spanish!) 


I could sit there for hours and not understand a word…unless I put in the effort to learn. 


Acts 8:30-31 says, “And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.”


“He desired”—This guy wanted to know and understand more about Jesus. He soon understood and trusted Jesus as his Savior. 


Sadly, it’s easy for us to read the Bible and never take time to understand it or apply it to our lives. 


It takes effort to understand the Bible and see how it applies to our lives. God helps us with that, and it’s always worthwhile. 


It’s said that attitude determines altitude. Maybe how much we expect to get out of our Bible reading determines how much effort we put in. We often get just what we expect to get. We should read our Bible expecting to get just what we need for that day.