I hate being lonely!


Have you ever noticed that people often do really stupid things when they’re lonely?!? I’m thankful for my beautiful wife who helps me be a better person in so many ways.


Maybe that’s part of why Proverbs 18:22 says, “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”


Marriage is good. A good wife is an amazing blessing (trust me, I know!). Good relationships with Godly people help everyone. 


That should encourage us to choose close relationships carefully, not hurry up and find someone to date, marry, or be close friends with. 


After all, Proverbs‬ ‭21‬:‭19‬, “It is better to dwell in the wilderness, Than with a contentious and an angry woman.” And the Bible has entire chapters about the messes created by bad husbands. 

‭‭

It’s better to be alone than with the wrong people. 


But if we’re alone because we’re going God’s way, He so often brings the right people alongside us to help us become even better. 


And if you’re lonely right now, here’s some great advice I’ve heard: “Don’t look for the right one. Be the right one, and you’ll find the right one.”