We had a great trip to Hershey Park! The weather was nice and cool, lines weren’t too long, and we enjoyed a wonderful family day.
But one thing about trips, whether they go well or not, whether they last a day or a week, they all end.
Special days like this are a blessing. But the main goal shouldn’t be more special days but more meaningful days (and when a day is both, that sure is great!).
Ecclesiastes 2:10-11 says, “And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour. 11 Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.”
Solomon tried it all to find meaning: work, leisure, fun…
And in the end he described it all as vanity, empty.
Apart from God, it’s all just empty vanity. We live. We die.
But with God, everything has true meaning and purpose.
Whatever you’re doing for God today is worth it and valuable even if today’s just a normal day.
