If it doesn’t have a tail…


Ok, maybe you don’t listen to as many Veggietales silly songs as I do since I’m a youth pastor with 2 young daughters, but there’s one called, “If It Doesn’t Have a Tail It’s Not a Monkey” that often makes us laugh. It also makes me think of the difference between our 2 dogs.😳 The breeder left Cleo’s tail unclipped even though most Australian Shepherds don’t grow up with tails. According to the silly song (check it out on YouTube if you need a laugh), I guess Bella’s an ape and Cleo’s a monkey. 


People (and apparently talking vegetables) get some strange ideas.


Exodus 30:9 says, “Ye shall offer no strange incense thereon, nor burnt sacrifice, nor meat offering; neither shall ye pour drink offering thereon.”


I wonder what an offering of “strange incense” might look like today. I know God was speaking of literal incense here, but we should be offering our lives to God every day. 


2 Corinthians 2:15 says, “For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:”


Worshipping God any way contrary to Scripture just stinks! 


Saying we can skip church and worship God anywhere is strange because God tells us to go to church. 


But it’s also true that showing God how worthy He is on Sundays and then living for ourselves the other 6 days of the week is strange. 


If people can’t tell we love Jesus unless we’re singing, there’s a problem. 


And if people can’t tell we’re a Christian except on Sundays, that’s just strange. 


Monkeys have tails. Christians worship Christ. Anything else is just strange.