The author knows best


I enjoy a good book and have even read some of the classics. But in high school I never really got the whole “What do you think the author was thinking here?” question, especially if it was modern literature and the author was still alive! I just wanted to send them an email or something and find out what they had to say. After all, the author knows best. 


And that’s also true for our self-image. How we view ourselves matters…and it’s not up to anyone else’s opinion of us but God. 


Psalms 139:14 says, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”


God’s opinion is the only one we should listen to…especially when we fail, get discouraged, or are just feeling down on ourselves. 


If we don’t choose to see ourselves how God sees us, someone else’s opinion will fill our viewpoint. That can work out ok for a bit, but I’m sure we’ve all been hurt by someone who looked down on us or said harsh words that we can still hear even years later. 


But God sees you. For who you really are. For who you really can be with His help. No matter how many failures you’ve had. No matter how many successes you’ve had.


Let’s always focus on God’s view of us and how we can be everything He’s made us to be.