Too busy to be brought down


Anti-gravity trick: The washer just “jumps” up from one hand to the other like it can’t stay down! This is a simple trick that I’m honestly not very good at yet (the video version of this devo will include the full trick if you wanna see it), but sometimes what we need in life is to refuse to be brought down low. We need to see defeat and discouragement coming and say “Nope! Not today!”   


Nehemiah 6:2-3 says, “That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief. 3 And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?” Nehemiah was involved in something big: rebuilding the wall around Jerusalem. So he didn’t have time to be sidetracked.   


Maybe we need to tell worry, fear, and anger “Nope. I’m too busy!” Or maybe “Not today, Satan!” I’d encourage people to talk to God, not the devil, but you get the idea: We need to keep doing the good that God has for us and not let less-important stuff bring us down.   

 Check out more encouragement:

To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com