It’s not for me!


I found this in a bag at my office door the other day. I wasn’t sure who had put it there, but I knew one thing for sure: It wasn’t for me! I don’t have that much hair, and it definitely ain’t curly!😏 I assumed (correctly) that it was for my daughters. 


Sadly that’s how some people view the Bible: Maybe a good book, but not for me. Maybe helpful to those Christians, but not for my life. But the Bible really is true for all people in all places for all time! And if we reject God and the Bible and say “that’s not for me” then we’re left struggling through life with nothing but the best we can come up with. And all you gotta do is keep scrolling through social media and you’ll see just how scary that can be! 


Hosea 13:2 says, “And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen.” There’s some messed-up stuff described in that verse, but one of the worst parts is that they did what they did “according to their own understanding.”


I don’t want today to be the best I can do. I don’t want to lead my family according to the best I can come up. I want to live according to God’s best. 


And maybe you’ve accepted God’s plan for your eternal salvation, but have you accepted His plan for today’s decisions? 


 Check out more encouragement:

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram

To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com