When you’re not good with directions you’d better be good at making U-turns!

I joke that we live in the land of a thousand U-turns! There’s not a gap in the median by our house, so we have to go past, turn around, and come back to get to our driveway from the north. It’s not a big deal, and there are thankfully these spots to make U-turns all over the place. But I’ll admit I also make my share of U-turns after going the wrong way! I might not be good with directions, but I do know enough to turn around when I realize I’m going the wrong direction!


U-turns go by another name in the Bible: Repentance. Acts 3:19 says, “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;” To repent means to agree with God about your sin and your need for a Savior and receive Jesus as your Savior (make a U-turn from unbelief to belief). That’s the best U-turn anyone could ever make!


Christians need U-turns too, not to stay saved but to keep our relationship right and close with our Savior. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” That well-known verse was written to “my people” not heathens who reject God permanently, but to believers who might sadly reject God temporarily in our decisions. God knew the Israelites and all believers would need to make some U-turns to get back on track sometimes.  


No matter how far you might be from God, I hope you’ll turn to Him today! 

 Check out more encouragement:

To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com