Protect What Matters


Yes, that’s Addison falling off the side of the trampoline. Thankfully she wasn’t hurt, but after that she was very eager for me to set up the new trampoline and put on the safety net! It’s important to do our part to protect what matters before it’s too late, and there are a whole lot worse ways to fall than off a trampoline. 


In Ezekiel 22:30, God says, “And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.” In context, that’s talking about ancient Jerusalem, but we each have the opportunity to take a stand, to step up, to “make up the hedge” that protects what matters. 


It’s easy to look at all the evil around us and wonder why God doesn’t do something. God has a perfect plan, and I wonder if He sometimes wonders why we won’t let Him do something THROUGH US! I absolutely believe He will use us if we’re willing to be that hedge, to do our part to hold back evil and stand for truth and good. Maybe God will use you or me to help protect millions of people, or maybe His plan is to use our efforts to help protect our own family and friends. Either way, let’s do what we can to go set up a spiritual safety net, a hedge to help everyone we can stay safe and experience God’s blessings for their lives. 


Check out more encouragement:

To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com