My wife doesn’t have a lot of rules for where stuff goes in the fridge, but when she does, I’m sure to accidentally (and repeatedly) break them! I don’t really care where the hot sauce goes; I just find an empty space and put it there. But I’m sure Jen gets frustrated when I don’t seem to listen to her repeated spoken (and now written) requests to not put hot sauce on the top shelf of the fridge door!😏Sometimes it doesn’t seem like people are listening, but sometimes we gotta keep talking anyway.
Luke 24:10-12 says, “It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. 11 And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not. 12 Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre;” The ladies had just been to the empty tomb, but still the disciples wouldn’t listen to them. At least Peter was inspired to go check things out for himself and discover that Jesus had in fact risen again!
It’s ok if people don’t always listen to us as long as we can do our part to help them want to come see Jesus for themselves.
I’ve enjoyed seeing this quote shared a lot lately: “Teach your children to pray so if their little heart feels heavy, they turn to God and not the world.” Whether it’s our own children or anyone else we wanna see come to Jesus or become more like Him, let’s keep sharing even if they don’t seem to be listening.
I wonder how many people heard the Gospel on Easter and night need just one more encouragement before they come to Jesus. Sharing our faith and trying to disciple someone can be frustrating. It’s ok if they don’t always seem to listen to us as long as we inspire them to come to Jesus for themselves.
Check out more encouragement:
To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com
