Have you ever glanced at something and completely misunderstood what was going on? Don’t get me wrong, I assumed Jen had a good reason to be vacuuming the grass—maybe something spilled there…But it turns out she was doing the more-normal, very helpful job of cleaning the floor mat from the car! She was doing something good whether I got it or not.
Galatians 1:10 says, “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.” If we try to please people as our main goal, we might succeed, but we’ll miss the point. But if we constantly try to please God, that desire will always drive us the right way.
Missionary Jim Elliot said, “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” God‘s approval is based on what Jesus did for us, and the rewards He offers Christians last into eternity. So let’s not get too worried or upset if people don’t get us or approve of what we do as long as we are pleasing God.
Check out more encouragement:
To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com
