We’re building a roof on the truck bed for my wife’s small business, llminimarket, but as I work on it with my daughters, I hope I’m building a lot more than that!
Colossians 2:7 talks about being “Rooted and built up in him [Jesus], and stablished in the faith,” If we wanna build strong lives, we need to start with the Jesus. And If we want to build a love for Jesus and God’s Word in our own lives and the lives of our children or others, we need to talk about the Bible and Bible truths often! Deuteronomy 6:7 says, “And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” You might think “I can’t do that. I don’t know how to preach!” But that verse didn’t say preach; it tells us to talk about it throughout our days and lives. If God has impacted your life, you have a message to share with others. If God has taught you something from His Word, you have something you can help others learn.
I love my daughters and spend time with them every day, so it’s natural and normal for me to talk about them. If it’s not natural and normal for us to talk about God and His Word, we need to ask ourselves why not! Let’s make sure we are so deeply rooted in our relationship with Jesus that we naturally build the best things up in ourselves and those around us.
