Don’t you just hate the word MAYBE!!! When I saw that amazing sky on Sunday, “red in the morning, sailors take warning” came to mind. I knew snow was in the forecast, and I thought maybe the sky would darken into snow, and maybe it wouldn’t. We ended up getting a little snow here in Virginia, just enough for some afternoon sledding with my girls, and I appreciated the reminder that uncertainty, the “maybe, maybe not” times of life, can be confusing, frustrating, and even dark and difficult, but they can also bring the best, deepest things.
Isaiah 45:3 says, “And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places,
that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.” For King Cyrus, those treasures and riches would often be literal (gold, silver…), but for us, the “treasures of darkness” from those confusing, uncertain times will often be far more valuable.
It’s sometimes only in the darkness and the difficulty that we learn the deepest lessons and receive the greatest help from God and sense His presence the most.
Whether a red sunrise means snow, rain, or sunshine is coming, there’s beauty there to enjoy. And whether your circumstances are bright and easy, dark and difficult, or just uncertain right now, God has deep, beautiful lessons to teach us any time we’re willing to come to Him.
Check out more encouragement:
To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com
