When the Tension Gets too Strong


How much water will fit on a quarter before the surface tension breaks? More than I thought! It’s fun to watch the water pile up and hang on as long as it can. But when tension gets too strong, something’s gotta give…unless Someone can hold it all together. 


We all face stress and tension from a lot of sources. One source happens when the Holy Spirit inside us pulls us one way while our sinful desires pull us another way.  In Romans 7:18, the Apostle Paul says, “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.” Thankfully Romans 7:24-25 says, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”


We also face tension as we represent God in this sin-cursed world while looking forward to a perfect life in heaven. Romans 8:22-23 says, “For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also.”


But one of the most encouraging verses in the Bible is Romans 8:28: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” We won’t completely escape tension and temptation until we get to heaven, but God loves to bring good from the things we face. It takes tension to hold water drops onto a quarter, and God is able to hold us together right in the middle of the tensions of life.


 Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com