I Wanna Get Fat in 2023!


That’s what the scale said…when I held my daughter and we both weighed in together! I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve got some extra pounds to get rid of, but that’s not the kind of fatness I’m thinking of for this year.


Psalms 106:13-15 says, “They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel: 14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert. 15 And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.” The Israelites got the opposite of spiritual fatness; they got leanness in their souls. Instead of remembering the amazing things God had done, and resting in their relationship with Him, they complained and went after what they thought would satisfy them. 


God has rich blessings for us that go way beyond money, stuff, and an easy year. He has spiritual blessing, spiritual fatness that we don’t wanna miss out on. 


I want what Psalms 63:5-6 describes: “My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: 6 When I remember thee upon my bed,

and meditate on thee in the night watches.” I hope 2023 brings health, prosperity, and other blessings, but above all, I hope it brings each of us closer to God and a spiritual fatness that’s based on our growing relationship with Him. 


Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com