Where I’m from Helps with Where I’m Going

Old school gas pumps small and full size


My grandpa was always a wonderful influence in my life, and after he passed recently we were able to go through his things and pick out something to remember him by. I chose this little gas pump because it will not only remind me of him but also of our area. White’s gas station has a lot of old-school gas pumps on display, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to remember my grandpa and where I come from as well as where I am now.


Past victories should give us courage and hope for current battles. In the book of Joshua, the Israelites move into the Promised Land and are about to face a bunch of battles. As they entered the land, God miraculously parted the Jordan River, letting them go across on dry ground. God always wanted them to remember their past victories as they moved into their unknown future, so He had them get 12 stones from the river to help them memorialize what He had done. Joshua 4:6-7 says, “That this may be a sign among you, that when your children ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean ye by these stones? 7 Then ye shall answer them, That the waters of Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD; when it passed over Jordan, the waters of Jordan were cut off: and these stones shall be for a memorial unto the children of Israel for ever.” 


Facing the future can be intimidating, but what God has done for us already should build our faith in what He is going to do.


Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com