I think the lights are winning! Thankfully I don’t have to untangle those lights right now, but I’m sure we’ve all tried to act like everything was ok when our lives were just as tangled as those lights. We can try to convince ourselves and others that everything’s under control, but if we ignore a tangled mess, it’ll only get worse.
Joshua 16:10 describes a tangled mess the Israelites got into: “And they drave not out the Canaanites that dwelt in Gezer: but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites unto this day, and serve under tribute.” They disobeyed God and didn’t drive these ungodly people out—people who would be a constant temptation to move away from God. I’m sure they felt like everything was under control since these people were now under tribute, but the Israelites definitely got tangled up in sin quickly enough.
Are there any areas of your life that are “under control” (at least on the outside) but in reality are a tangled mess of sin and temptation? If so, God is really good at freeing us from messes, even if they are messes that we made in the first place.
Check out more encouragement:
TikTok YouTube Facebook Instagram
To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com
