Impressive Light Display…It’s a Shame It’s only for a Month!


We always enjoy our neighbors’ Christmas lights display each December. I don’t know how much time it takes them to get it all ready, but I’m sure it’s a lot! I keep trying to think of ways we can all keep the lights going all year round. I’m mostly joking, but all it would take is for a few people to start the trend, and it just might catch on! 


Matthew 4:16 describes part of Jesus’ ministry this way: “The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.” Jesus offers amazing light, much-needed hope for the world back then and the world today. Matthew 5:14 says, “Ye are the light of the world.” If we have Jesus as our Savior, we don’t have to search for the light; we can carry Jesus’ light to those in darkness all around us. 


2 “deep” things I’ve learned about Christmas lights that I think apply to us spiritually as well: 1. They don’t shine very brightly when they’re hidden in a box, and 2. They don’t work unless they stay plugged in to their power source. 


I love celebrating the birth of Jesus and the light He brought to the world each Christmas, but I hate how easy it is to put that message “back in the box” the rest of the year. Let’s let our light, our hope, our Jesus shine through us all year long. 


Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com