I Need a Rematch!


Almost 10 months ago, we did the Warhead Challenge where you try to keep a straight face while eating the really source candy. As you can see from the top row of pictures, I lost BADLY! I saw this tube of warhead candy gel at Walmart and was eager for a rematch. I think I lost again! At least a lot of second chances in life go better than this! 


In John 8, a woman is about to be put to death for committing adultery. Jesus challenges her would-be executioners by saying,  “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” None of them met that standard, and verses 10-11 tell us, “When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.” She got an amazing second chance, a “rematch” with her choices and temptations. If she placed her faith in Jesus as Savior and got all her sins forgiven, she had an opportunity to see her whole life turned around and everything be different this time. 


What about you? Hopefully you haven’t been sentenced to death, but have you messed up this week, maybe already today? Do you wish you could have a redo on some things you’ve said or done? We can’t go back and change the past, but through Jesus we can move ahead and improve the future. When we mess up, when we’re filled with guilt and regret and just wanna give up, Jesus wants to pick us up, get us back on our feet, and help us go do better next time through His forgiveness and grace. 


Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com