Grandpa Doesn’t Need to Read about Jesus. Now He Can See Him!

family picture

My grandpa passed away yesterday. I have many wonderful memories with him, and I agree with what my wife has often said that “He’s the sweetest man you’ll ever meet.” He enjoyed reading these devotions and has been a great encouragement to me in so many ways. 


I’m so thankful that He trusted Jesus as His personal Savior years ago and no longer needs to just read the Word of God but gets to spend time in the presence of Jesus face to face. 


Sadness hits hard, but we have hope. 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 says, “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” I’ve always loved those encouraging, comforting  verses, but I was thinking recently that salvation doesn’t remove death, just the sting. Death is still hard for Christians, but it’s not hopeless. 1 Thessalonians 4:13 says, “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.” With Jesus, there’s always hope. I will look forward to seeing my grandpa in heaven one day. 


Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com