Don’t You Just Hate Targeted Ads???

weirded out by targeted ads


It happened again! I bought something and then almost immediately got a targeted ad from the same company! I’m not hating on Oriental Trading because a ton of companies use targeted ads, and I’d actually rather have a relevant ad than something random or inappropriate. But it’s still creepy to think that FB, Google, and others know exactly what we buy…and sometimes maybe even what we think!😳


God knows us perfectly and loves us perfectly. He doesn’t “target” us, but He does love to send just the right verse just when we need it. Instead of being kinda creepy, it’s amazing that the Creator of the universe would care enough to send us some encouragement. 


I’ll admit that the other day I didn’t have a lot of time or desire to read my Bible. It was a busy, difficult time with my grandfather’s graveside service and funeral. Eventually I had a spare moment and reluctantly opened up my Bible to John 20. I’m so glad I did!


John 20 records the resurrection of our Savior and was the perfect encouragement on that difficult day. John 20:19 says, “Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.” Jesus’ resurrection gives each of His followers the opportunity to have peace even when we go through hard times like the loss of a loved one. Jesus’ resurrection also guarantees that I’ll see my grandpa again and that the worst this world can throw at us is no match for what Jesus has promised us. 

Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com