Childhood Memories: What Are You Filling Your Box with?

Good-looking bearded man holding a box from his childhood
It was great to go home for Thanksgiving and see my family and even to see my old bedroom (there has been some redecorating over the years—for some reason, my parents have reclaimed my old room 😏). I don’t remember what I put in that box as a kid, but I’m thankful for so many life values that I’ve carried with me since childhood. 

Are the things you’re filling your life with building the right future or a future that will be filled with regret? We each make choices every day about what we influences we put into our lives. 1 Corinthians 6:12 says, “All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.”


Some things are just plain sinful and do NOT belong in our lives (Paul lists some earlier in this same chapter), but even good things gotta go if they try to draw us away from God. Expedient means helpful: Do the things you fill your life with help you get closer to God or pull you away from Him?


That box is empty now, and I hope my daughters and nephews play with it as they make their own memories at grandma and grandpa’s house. I’ve been blessed with wonderful parents and others who have poured into my life, and I hope to keep investing in myself and other people. We can all make sure we fill our lives with things that make us more like Jesus and draw us closer to Him. 


Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com


Check out my new book Daily Devotions at the Speed of Life on Amazon.com or by clicking here.