I whispered, “My favorite color is red, and my favorite season is spring.” By the time it got passed down the line, Jen heard, “I like spring in the summer.” Fun game but we may need to practice our listening skills! 😏
In Luke 8:8, Jesus told a group, “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.” A lot of people heard every word Jesus had just said to them that day, but not everyone listened and obeyed.
We can all read the same Bible, but we don’t always let it impact us the same way. I know some days the Bible reaches my heart and other days I let it go in one ear and out the other. Let’s have ears to hear and allow God‘s Word to speak to us and change us today.
I love the saying, “The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay.” Our response is up to us. So often we hear what we want to hear, no matter what is said (or written). If we read the Bible looking for something we don’t like or don’t agree with, that’s what we’ll usually find. But if we read it knowing that it’s God’s Word written to us for our good, we can always find something to help us. It really comes down to what Jesus said: Do we have ears to hear? Are we willing to listen and obey?
Check out more encouragement on social media:
TikTok YouTube Facebook Instagram
Or click here to subscribe to daily encouragement by email.
