Sometimes my kids seem to think that if they can say please at least 10 times in 5 seconds I’ll automatically say yes! Confession of a stubborn dad: For me, more than one please makes me wanna say no! And as one cartoon character has said, “The physical appearance of the please makes no difference!” 😏
I do love to say yes to my daughters, and thankfully, God loves to hear from His children and respond to our prayers as well. Hebrews 7:25 says this about Jesus: “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.” Honestly, I woke up tired and a bit grumpy the other morning. Thankfully I was the only one awake and got a cup of coffee and some time with God before interacting with any of my family. The two things that finally got me excited for the day were the fact that Jesus is praying for me and that I got to pour my heart out to Him.
We can go from “I don’t know how I’m gonna get through this” to “Wow! Jesus cares about me, knows my needs, and is even praying for me Himself!” And then we can so often say, “Look what God did for me! I never even saw this coming” because Ephesians 3:20 describes God as the one Who can do “exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.” So when we aren’t quite ready to face a day or a tough situation, let’s spend time with our Savior until we are.
Check out more encouragement on social media:
TikTok YouTube Facebook Instagram
